"Whatever your discipline, become a student of excellence in all things. Take every opportunity to observe people who manifest the qualities of mastery. These models of excellence will inspire you and guide you toward the fulfillment of your highest potential."- Michael Gelb

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Risk of losing the Welcome TEA

I know that all of you are extremely busy. The first semester is a time of change and stress, but I am very disappointed at the lack of response that I have received in regards to help for planning next semester's Welcome Reception.

The TEA is a student ran reception that has been a tradition for many years. It is a chance for all of you to Welcome the incoming nursing students as we welcomed you. It is time to return the favor. If we do not have participation in this planning, it is at risk of dying off.

Thank you to Stacey Boyd and Ogechi Achunine for offering their time, but I am still looking for someone to chair this reception. I can be a resource for the planning if there are questions, and I have a binder that takes you step by step through the process up until the day of the TEA. And remember, you have all summer to plan as well.

This is an important part of Delta College's Nursing Program, don't let it die with this class.

2 comments:

Sarybug said...

Trina,
I may be able to head up the tea. Has anyone stepped up as of today? What exactly does being chair include? Thank you!

Sarah Doty

Trina Eagal said...

I appreciate your willingness to step up to the plate. I have spoken with Andrea Traylor-Cwik and Ogechi, and I will be giving Andrea the information regarding how to go about planning the TEA. She will be your contact person after this point.
If you are interested in helping out, definitely get in touch with her. thanks again.